Pentair chlorine feeder 300 29x manual

The swimming pool in my development has two of the above. They were recently installed and I don't think they are working as the pool always shows trace or less of Cl. I've checked the Cl in the pool jets coming from the pumps/feeders and they show the same. The management just says they must be working-mind your own business. I've been examing the setup and I wonder if they just haven't got the control dial on the feeders in the right position. There is no manual and I can't find one online that shows how to use this dial. Does anyone know how to operate this dial?

No idea how those systems work. From the website:
Heavy duty 1/2 in. control valve and tubing optimizes flow and erosion to provide larger amounts of sanitizer. Dispenses 8.5 lbs. of 1 in. Trichlor Tablets in 24 hours. Holds 29 large or 237 small tablets. Treats 80,000 to 322,000 gallons.

Wow ... that is a lot of trichlor :shock:

Here is the manual: http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/R24294. ... erComm.pdf

The question I have is what is the CYA level as it could certainly get too high quickly? Those things should be adding a lot of FC and CYA, but you did not mention the pool size.

Thanks mod squad. That is the only manual I was able to find for this dispenser but it doesn't go into details of it's operation.
I think that is the maximum that can be dispensed. You can control how much Cl they put out by varying the number of Cl pucks you put in them (from 1 to 29) and by the volumn of water flowing through the dispensers.

It is very simple to operate, higher the number the more flow through the tabs.
So what controls the amount of chlorine dispensed is.
The amount of flow (control knob), amount of time the pump runs, and the number of tabs that are in the unit.

Here is the manual.
http://pentairpool.com/pdfs/R24294.D_300-29X ChlorineBromine FeederComm.pdf

They can get clogged, and they can be improperly installed so they don't get enough flow.

Thanks. That's the same manual I've seen. It is just for setup not operation.
I will take your word for it that the higher the number the higher the flow. When I was looking at it yesterday I didn't have my reading glasses with me. I went back today with my glasses to see if I could make sense of it but they have locked the pump house up. Keeping trouble makers like me out. I tested the pool again and 3 days in a row there is no Cl in the pool or in the incoming jets. So the dispensers aren't working; it could be a number of things; no pucks, water flow turned off (which is what I wanted to check today), hooked up wrong, or ?

That is the only manual that comes with it, it is not rocket science, it is a simple chlorine feeder.
I dont know of of any things made that "0" is higher then "5", just common sense I guess.

Except those darn refrigerators, is up down, or down up. :hammer:

Lucky for you, you don't have to take my word for it.
After you break in,
Turn it off, turn dial to "0" remove lid, then turn pump on, and slowly move the the dial up, you will see water increase if it is plumbed right.
Also a good way to check if it is working.

Enjoy the break in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.