Closing for the winter???

Aug 18, 2011
Blanchard, Oklahoma
I am about to start the winterizing procedure for my pool as soon as the water temp gets low enough and I have a couple of questions. First, when it says remove multi-port/spider gasket, what is the spider gasket? I know what the mult-port valve is and according to the pool company I can leave that on, so please clarify. Also what is the use of putting a plastic bag over the sand filter? Thanks in advance!

The spider gasket is inside the multiport. If you have a winterize setting on the valve you don't have to remove the gasket.
If you remove the multiport you want to cover the opening of the filter with something to keep rain etc. out.
If it doesn't freeze hard where you are, it may be OK to leave to on, but in a lot of places it freezes hard enough to possibly damage the valve.

Pull the drain plugs on the filter and pump so no water stays in them over the winter. You can put the plugs and hose clamps in the pump basket so they don't get lost.

msgtdan said:
Pull the drain plugs on the filter and pump so no water stays in them over the winter. You can put the plugs and hose clamps in the pump basket so they don't get lost.

Nice idea! I was wondering myself how to keep up with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.