Naturesoft board,solid inspect cell and salt lites

Sep 18, 2012
Saugus,Ca
Newbie here,great site! We have a Naturesoft generator board and a T-15 cell. I have cleaned the cell,and the inspect lite is still solid. The check salt lite is solid as well. are we at the point of having to replace the board and cell? Our pool is 16,000 gallons and was put in at 2000. Here is the numbers from our most recent test,FAC 1-4ppm,TAC .2 difference,CH200-400ppm,CYA 30-99ppm,TA 80-120ppm,pH 7.2-7.8,Pho below 100ppm.
If we need to replace board and cell,what do u all recommend for a good solid replacement? Thanks for any and all help!!

Yes Pool and SWG were put in at 2000. I'm not sure if the cell has been replaced or if its original. I bought the house 3.5 years ago,and been nursing it along since.
Is it better to replace board and cell together? Do I need to change the pool water as well?

If the controller is working correctly all you need to do is replace the cell.

There's no need to replace the water. You do however, need a a good test kit and some kind of salt test. I recommend the TF-100 from tftestkits and some salt test strips.

I'm not Dave, but I'll answer anyway :) The unit doesn't show any symptoms of having a bad board, but shows all the symptoms of a worn-out cell. We can't guarantee that the board is good, just tell you that there aren't any signs of it being bad!

No, without knowing what your calcium level is there's no reason to drain anything. 200-400 ppm sounds like it was read with a strip, and strips are useless! As Dave said, you need a good test kit to have a clue what's going on with your water.

One more thing, with a pre-2009 system you need to replace the cell with the same size as you currently have, so you need a T-15 and not one of the smaller ones.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Aqua Rite T-15 cell,and the Aqua Rite GLX T-15 cell? The only difference I could see was the GLX was $30 cheaper and only had a 1 year warranty. Thanks
Also where can I find the TF-test kit?

I went to purchase my T-15 cell,and the place recommended swapping out to the Pentair IC40 setup. What do the pros here suggest? Is the Pentair IC40 cell the same size as my current T-15 cell? Meaning will it simply swap out? Or am I going to make some cuts in piping to make it fit. Is it that much better unit to go through all the hassle? I just want my SWG working again. Thanks for any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.