RVA027

Sep 18, 2012
yucaipa california
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
[Edited by moderator - Please don't use all Caps ... it is considered shouting and hard to read. Thanks-jblizzle]

We just bought a house from the bank and it has a pool don't know nothing about pools . I know this one has old equipment . American products ultra pump wich i have rebuild, teledyne heater and a titan vertical grid filter. I replaced all the panels in the filter too. I bought a sand shark pool cleaner and a vac mate to go with it so i can still have a skimmer with the pool vac. The problem is i think i am getting to much suction to the sand shark it climbs the wall hangs out at the top of the water line . The vac mate said to put a plug in the main drain skimmer which i did and the valve on the vac mate is on 6 fully open and the sand shark climbs to the top and sucks air. Should i loosen the main drain plug so it and suck some water ..... Both products are pentair so i called them and the custer service guy wanted me to close the vac mate valve closer to 3 or 4 but that creates more suction to the sand shark.... Anybody got a suggestion

ok thanks i have been playing with it and think I found a happy medium . it comes out of the water a little and sucks air but not enough to stop the flow off water in the pool talked to my pool guy and said thats ok as long as it don't run the pump dry. I do have the gauge and will put it on and see where it reads . thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.