ground preparation above ground pool inground

Jul 17, 2012
Hello,

I´am going to bury my oval pool and here in Europe they always make a cement bed as a foundation for de pool but I see that in the VS you bury the pool on sand. Can I put the pool on the ground or must I do some ground prep? The ground here is a solid one so I think that the water can act as the proper foundation off the pool.

Thanks,
JJ

Determine where the high side of the ground is and dig down so that is level with the lowest side, you need a levelling aid for this as the human eye is not sufficient. You need to dig down to undisturbed soil.

There's a of above ground pool install videos on line that show this technique, I have alot of pictures on my own install linked at the bottom of this message, it should give you an idea of how it goes.

The ground can be the foundation if properly prepared. The sand helps cushion the feet and protect the liner from rocks underneath and prevents the liner from pushing out and under the pool wall. Thick foam can accomplish the same thing. How deep do you plan to bury the pool?

I´am burying the pool totally inground. the last 8-10 inch off the pool are gone a be made off concrete with pavement on top off that so that the concrete is not doing any forces to the side walls off the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.