Closing Pool early, need some advice

Jul 7, 2011
N. Ga Mountains
Hello all, I am going to have to close my pool early as I am going out of town to work for 2 months the 1st of October. If I don't close I will have a pool full of leaves..What I need advice on is this...I have been out of town for 11 days on a cruise :-D . My family came over and kept bleach in the pool and the water is beautiful....but the sides and the bottom are an ugly green. Do I clean the pool first or just add bleach and close it up? If I clean first, should I vacuum first or brush first? If I brush it will turn the water green. If I vacuum slowly the water will stay pretty clear...I am a little confused as to what to do here. Or do I just pour in the bleach and close it up? Thanks so much in advance for your help...Cindy

Depending on how long the algae has been present will depend on if you can vac it all to waste. I have noticed that sometimes, it will want to stick to the bottom and walls and that requires brushing. I cleared my brother's pool in August of algae that was growing up the sides of the wall and around the bottom by brushing first and then shocking it. Yes, it clouded the water a bit but after the first night, it went right back to sparkling and I continued to shock it for 3 more days. Brushing is a very important step in pool care maintenence and shouldn't be overlooked because you don't want to muddy the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.