Faux Waterfall?

Bobba

May 7, 2011
Does anyone have experience with the faux waterfalls sold by Poolrock.com? I believe these are the same waterfalls as Universal rock. They really look beautiful on their website and pricing seems reasonable. We are having our 13 yr old plaster refinished in Pebblesheen and new waterline tile in a couple weeks and were looking to add some sort of water feature.

Looks like nobody ever responded to this. Has anyone out there seen the Universal Rocks waterfall in person? They look really good on website. I'm considering one as the price seems really good and can be self installed. Can't find a single review online except for people with small ones for ponds or aquarium rocks.

I think their warehouse is in Garland, a Dallas suburb. They have a new a"rock" cooler that even floats I was looking at. I wonder if I should drive over to their showroom and check them out?

I saw a review with pics sometime back someone did on one of their waterfalls installed on the above ground pool with deck. IIRC, the owners were pretty happy with it and it looked nice. For the life of me though I cant remember where I saw that review.
I'm actually again considering them as the sheer decent I did last year, though looks great, is just way to loud due to height, so im thinking of maybe getting of these kids from poolrock and combining it with sheer decent.

I have their serenity falls waterfall and think it is awesome. The water has no effect on it in regards to fading. Easy to install. The only non issue is the little pools don't drain so when they evaporate it leaves some salt behind.

I too am ready to pull the trigger and it seems like it will be a bigger hassle to try and buy a Rico Rock as a home owner. What I am really trying to figure out is if the Universal Rock like the one you have is sturdy enough for teenagers to jump off of? I know there site says don't but that doesn't mean anything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I too am ready to pull the trigger and it seems like it will be a bigger hassle to try and buy a Rico Rock as a home owner. What I am really trying to figure out is if the Universal Rock like the one you have is sturdy enough for teenagers to jump off of?

I know there site says don't but that doesn't mean anything.

That means everything....

Reactions: BrittBackyardOasis
They make rocks you can fill with concrete for jumping.

- - - Updated - - -

I have their serenity falls waterfall and think it is awesome. The water has no effect on it in regards to fading. Easy to install. The only non issue is the little pools don't drain so when they evaporate it leaves some salt behind.

Hi Bill,
Did you do the install yourself? I'm strongly considering one of these and would like to do the work.

Don't walk, but run away as fast as you can from a fake or faux rock waterfall. We had two units installed side by side 4 years ago, along with "rock" coping under the waterfall section. Ours one came from a large company with offices in Orlando and Texas and was really pushed by the pool installer. It cost $7,600 including faux rock coping under the waterfall. It was the most fake looking pile of junk and after 4 years the colors faded off and turned back to the plain cement color. It comes as a cement color and the installer has to stain it and it is not a permanent stain. Also, the colors you end up with may not be what you had in mind. Where the 2 sections of waterfall it overhung the deck, if you swam close to the waterfall and looked up, it you could see it was hollow underneath. Yellow jackets loved to build nests there. The requirements for the pad are only for a 4" thick concrete pad. The pad cracked during the first winter and the "rocks" came loose. Even if they are anchored tightly you will be told never to let children climb on them. I had it ripped out this year and for $8,000 had a spectacular real rock waterfall installed on a very thick concrete pad attached to the pool wall with rebar. I found the better pool installers do not even use the faux rock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.