Continual Intellichlor Issues. Thoughts?

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
Well, I just had to have my intellichlor replaced for the 2nd time - in a YEAR. I am now on my 3rd unit. I was talking to the guy about my concern and if this seems to be a general issue or my bad luck. He thinks it is both. He told me the untis run 1,000.00 and he has had to replace alot of them. Told him you would think pentair would be getting hit pretty hard. He stated he had heard rumors that Pentair was going to stop making salt generators due to this issue. Luckily I have a 3 year warranty but I am worried what will happen when my warranty ends and if this is an ongoing issue, that is a heck of alot of money. Any thoughts on this?

I've had one replaced in about 9 months of usage so i share your concern somewhat. $1000 is way too high though... I think you can get them off the internet for ~$500. From the size of you pool I'm guessing you have the cheaper IC20 also?

With the power unit huh? Sounds like a pretty good deal... I see several companies on ebay selling the IC20 cell only for $450. AndieJJ, what your PB is telling you is that the units run YOU $1000, after his 100% markup that is.

I hate to admit this but I paid over $1000 for my IC20, but that was installed (I hate doing plumbing)...but since I have several Pentair products, it supposedly extends my warranty out to 3? or 5? years on all the Pentair products. Fortunately I haven't had to use it yet, but I'll have to check the details now that I'm hearing about Intellichlor issues.

Actually it's not the pool builder but rather Pool master who deals with all issues/problems with our pool equipment. I was telling him this is my 3rd unit in a year and he says "Yeah and these things run 1,000 a pop". Even 500 is a heck of a lot of money if your having to replace it 3x a year. You would think something like this would last a couple years.

I just looked on eBay. In the last two weeks an IC20 (cell only) sold for $250 and an IC40 for $320.

With all the bad things I'm hearing, I have to admit I'm getting a little worried but I don't mind doing a little plumbing if it breaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.