Intex Ultra Frame take down tips

When I knew it was time to start preparing to drain our pool and take it down for the winter I began doing research for tips on how to do it because this is our first pool and I had no idea where to begin. After reading that it took some people 2 - 3 days to drain their pool with a garden hose I was expecting it to take that long for me as well so I began draining my pool via the drain and a garden hose a couple days before I planned on starting the process of drying it out and putting it indoors for the winter. I connected the hose to the drain at around 9pm and to my surprise the next morning when I went outside around 11am the pool water was all the way down to the drain. It only took 14 hours! I remember earlier in the summer the water level got too high in our pool because of rain so I connected the same garden hose to the drain to let some of the water out and it took like 4 - 5 hours just to take out about an inch of water. I think it drained faster this time because I screwed the hose into the drain further which made the drain open more which allowed the water to drain faster. So if your water seems like it is draining slowly out of your garden hose see if you can screw the hose into the drain any tighter to allow the water to flow through the hose faster.

Corn starch is your friend, sprinkle it inside the pool when its dry. This will make sure that the liner does not stick to itself in any way if there are any wet spots left or if you get condensation.
Hi there, this is a great idea. I have always (20+years) used corn starch for keeping the liner from sticking to itself. Until this year...I guess there was still a bit of moisture on the liner when I folded it up, because when I unfolded it this season there was a fair amount of mold that had accumulated on it. After trying a few liner safe cleaners, I finally gave up trying to get the stains off. As it turned out they gradually disappeared because of the chlorine. I just wanted to stress that if you do use corn starch make sure the liner is definitely dry so you don't spend a few days cleaning instead of swimming!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.