Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We have started retaining wall and will be starting actual pool in a couple of weeks. After much stressing :hammer: as to how much room we have to place said pool and after much hammering with ram hoe, the actual pool build will be a piece of cake!

Still have a couple of questions:

Signature has most of info; however, I wanted opinion on pool equipment. Also, we have 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Is this enough for pool? Looking at Poolvergnuegen Suction Pool Cleaner as well. Definitely will be getting TF-100 test kit and using BBB method.

We will have a water fall into pool - no spa.

Also, wanting to go ahead and plan for future expansion with either solar or heat pump later on. Still trying to decide if heat pump would be a tremendous cost as our electric rates are about .10kwh which isn't too bad. Just want to extend pool season from May to Sept as daytime temps are still great for swimming.

I appreciate all the weath of information and experience that TFP members offer.

Thanks!

If you plan on a suction side cleaner; I wonder if it would be helpful if you put a dedicated suction line in or have a second skimmer to maintain skimming during cleaning. I'm afraid I don't have a suction side cleaner and I'm not sure if this is even a good idea but I know if it is possible you may be mad if you don't plan ahead.

You will love your automation system, VF pump, and SWCG (once it is all set up and programmed) I have the same system. It is awesome.
I would definitely consider having a dedicated cleaner line as UnderWaterVanya said. Also, it is recommended to have 2 skimmers and maybe 1 more return. You'll at least want a return in the steps to help keep them clean.

Great choices on your equipment. IntelliFlo is number 1 in my book. Also the Easy Touch and IntelliChlor are top notch. As for a cleaner have you considered a robotic? Most of the people I talk to who have had a couple different kinds far prefer the robotic to anything else. They do cost more up front but no wear on your circulation system and they use less energy than running a booster pump. Just a thought, I'm sure you're gonna love it no matter what cleaner you go with!

Just ordered TF-100 kit, pool kit ordered, equipment next! Should start pool by mid-October. We may be doing a polar bear dip before closing :shock: , but it will be so very nice when we open next summer :-D . Will post pics as progress moves forward.

After 5 months and 500 tons of rock, we are getting closer! Water fall & liner next. Hopefully should be up and running within next couple of weeks. This has been a long winter of rain delays and lots of mud :( but we will be ready come summer time!

Attachments

• Pool resized.jpg
    Pool resized.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 703
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 705
  • Pool equipment.jpg
    Pool equipment.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 705
janthony said:
Wow! What a view! I'm in TN too and in the middle of a diy build. Fireplace looks good too. I'm considering the Easytouch automation as well. Please post on how you like it after it is up and running.

Thank you. I hope we can figure out the programming. We have several things that will be controlled with it including landscape lights,etc. Can't wait for our crazy TN weather to warm up.

I hope we can figure out the programming. We have several things that will be controlled with it including landscape lights,etc. Can't wait for our crazy TN weather to warm up.[/quote]

The Easytouch system may seem daunting at first, but it gets easier once you have the landscape lighting hooked up to your relays in the load center and you practice with it.
You can make them simply turn on/off at specified times like the pump program and still be able to manually turn on and off without affecting what you set to memory. I have mine set to turn on my landscape lighting as it gets dark and then turn on pool lights at a specific time and color.
Once your load center is installed and your landscape lighting is in play with the program functions. ( make sure you take notes- I didn't the first time and it took forever to get them back to where I originally liked them)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Slow go but some progress being made. Waterfall just about complete. Hopefully, we will get liner in and fill in the next 10 days, weather permitting. Hard to have a nice warm day here this time of year. Seems like the end is near after almost 6 months! :cool:

Attachments

• 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 614
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    435 KB · Views: 614
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 614
[attachment=1:1vk9wlr3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579430.121579.jpg[/attachment:1vk9wlr3][attachment=0:1vk9wlr3]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579439.188031.jpg[/attachment:1vk9wlr3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579430.121579.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579430.121579.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 522
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579439.188031.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364579439.188031.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 522
Pool bottom in, then rain. Maybe liner tomorrow or Monday. Smallest member of family is greatly disappointed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. All local sandstone from next count. Springtime in TN is a hit or miss but it's hard to beat the beautiful falls in the Upper Cumberland area.

If I remember reading... you are doing the black liner right? I can't wait to see it! Please post several pics of it going in and filling up and after it's full! I want to ooooooogle it! :mrgreen:

Casey said:
If I remember reading... you are doing the black liner right? I can't wait to see it! Please post several pics of it going in and filling up and after it's full! I want to ooooooogle it! :mrgreen:

Yes, we are doing the black granite liner. I am somewhat like a child waiting for Christmas but it keeps getting postponed! After 6 months of building back yard, starting pool and many more months than that in planning, reading, etc. I hope that the end result will be what I expected. Hoping for some some sunny warmer days. Will post pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.