Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
My pump area is a slab with stucco wall surround (about 5' high), 10' x 12' (10' x 16" if you include the AC unit on the other side of one wall). South and West sun from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. I was thinking of adding a roof above at 7' or 8' for solar panels. Could probably do 12' x 16' and still look "normal". 192' for about 350' pool surface area. Pool is mostly shaded (no cover, yet). Highest temp was 84 this summer. Will solar keep it above 80 degrees an extra few months? (Austin, TX). Just trying to figure out if it's a worthwhile project.

Whether it will keep it warm for extra time depends on air temperature. If you have sunny days in the 80s, I'd say you won't have trouble getting enough heat into the pool with that panel area, especially if you use a solar blanket.

I have 192ft-sq of panels on my roof and never have trouble keeping it over 87 in June, July and August

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.