help me pick the right pump

rozy

Aug 26, 2012
I have been looking at lots of sand filters. Is there a differance between an Intex Krystal Clear 2650 sand filter verses Intex 2650 sand filter that is not a "Krystal Clear"
I have a 18 x 9 Intex Ultra Frame and will be putting it up for the first time next spring. I have been advised to replace the filter and have decided to go with a sand filter. Amazon has the Intex 14in Krystal Clear on sale as well as the Intex Krystal Clear 2650 for $45 more and the Intex 2650 for $30 more. What would be the best one to buy for my pool that has 4500 gallons?
I just bought a Intex saltwater system from Target for $99! Can't wait to use it next summer.

Your post confused me. Title mentions a pump, but then your post only discusses filters. Pumps and Filters are 2 different pieces of equipment (although for the smaller above ground pools, they are sold in sets).

I am not too familiar with these setups, but do know the small Intex pump is almost worthless as far as actually moving any water. I think the 2650 (GPH) is the larger pump, and in general a larger sand filter is better. No idea what the difference between the KC setup and the non-KC ... I suspect nothing.

Looking at the intex site, the 14" seems to come with a smaller pump ... so would recommend going with the 16" with the 2650 pump.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong (or at least validate my suggestion).

I guess I have more research to do. I am not really familar with sand filters and or pumps. Thanks for the inforation I will be looking at other brands and I think I will go to a local pool store to get more information.
Thanks again

rozy said:
I guess I have more research to do. I am not really familar with sand filters and or pumps. Thanks for the inforation I will be looking at other brands and I think I will go to a local pool store to get more information.
Thanks again

Just take notes and come back here to bounce what they say off another few ears.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.