HELP WITH POOL ADJUSTMENTS

Jul 24, 2012
New pool owner & new to posting. With that being said here are my readings from yesterday 9/12 evening. Keep in mind I added 20lbs of salt on Sun 9/9, and 1lb of stablizer on Mon 9/10. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks :cool:
CC .5
FC 1
TC 1.5
PH 7.5
CYA 60
T/A 110
CH (Not done) (results from 9/8 CH 300)
SALT 3550

Welcome to TFP.

What was the CYA before you added this last lb? Adding 16 oz to your pool would raise the CYA by 30 ppm.

Is your swg complaining about the salt level?

Looks like you need to run your swg longer. Everything else will work itself out.

Previous readings done on 9/8 are:
CC 0
FC 0
TC 0
PH 7.5
CYA 58
T/A 110
CH 300
SALT 2550

Please note that we had the SWG set at 2 hours but changed it on 9/12 to 4 hours seeing on how the TC was 0. Like I said, I'm a new pool owner and mistakes will be made. Thanks for the help :cool:

That CYA number is what worried me and it looks like for good reason. You had almost 60 ppm to start with and now have added another 30 ppm so now (or in a week) you have 90 ppm. That's getting too high.

As Smy said, use bleach to get the FC up until you get the swg dialed in. Given that you had zero FC for a while even with the swg running I'd suggest you raise the FC to shock level and run and OCLT to see if anything is growing in there.

1) How much liquid chlorine is needed?
2) I thought we needed to raise the CYA to protect the chlorine (if we could get it raised) from 'burning off. My mistake.
3) Also it is suppose to rain here (Northern Louisiana) for the next few days. I'm thinking we should run new tests when the sun is shining again. What do you think?
4) BTW, what is OCLT? I couldn't find it in the "Abbreviations chart".

Thanks for the help again. :wave:

1. with a CYA of 90 you need about 2 quarts.
2. You do but about 70 ppm with a swg is all you want.
3. You should run new tests every day right now especially.
4. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. There's a link to it in my sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.