Biggest D.E. and cart filter avaliable

G

Whats the BIGGEST D.E and cart filter avaiable for a home pool. i want the biggest filter money can buy, im tired of needing to backwash everyday. because my pressure rises 10PSI, then i backwash and its clean, im ready to buy.

reason i ask is im not sure what to buy yet, i dont want sand, im weighing my options on which, do i want the best filter which is a D.E. or do i want the easier matinence and a cart filter than only needs to be cleaned 2 times a year on average.

also pump sizeing.

i have 2 1/2 in suction and return. 2 skimmers and a vac port, all sucking 24/7. how big of pump can i buy, the pump is about 80-90 feet from the closest return, and 135 from the farthest return. would an intelliflo be good in my situation.

Check this this out. Looks like 520 sq-ft for cartridge and 100 sq-ft for a DE. Not sure if they make bigger.

As for the pump, it doesn't sound like you have a need for high flow rates other than your pool size. Do you find your current pump to be over/under sized for any reason?

Yes, I would think that the Intelliflo would be a very good choice for your pool. Lot's of flexibility in setting flow rates. Low flow to save money and high flow when you need it.

mas985 said:
Check this this out. Looks like 520 sq-ft for cartridge and 100 sq-ft for a DE. Not sure if they make bigger.

As for the pump, it doesn't sound like you have a need for high flow rates other than your pool size. Do you find your current pump to be over/under sized for any reason?

Yes, I would think that the Intelliflo would be a very good choice for your pool. Lot's of flexibility in setting flow rates. Low flow to save money and high flow when you need it.

pump is super small , only enough gpm to turn over once aday running 24/7, so i guess i need bigger, it stays clear, but when its dirty it can take upwards of 2 weeks to clear, like at the start of the season when its cloudy, its not suprising to take two weeks to even see the start of the deepend. so the intelliflo is what a 3hp, but variable??

is 100 Sq enough filter, can i have 2 100 Sq filters???

Thunder,

I use 1 of Hayward 120 SF cartridge and that is already downstream of a Hayward sand. So my cartridge work less.
I do at least 1.3 turnover times 35,000 gallon of my pool a day.

My city is polluted and I have divers in the pool about 10 -15 people a week. 1 diver is like 3-4 swimmers bather load.
I clean my cartridge twice a month at least and I have sand too upstream. Other than divers, the pool is for my own kids.

If assuming that my bather load plus city pollution combination is 10x your bather load scenario , I still don't think you can get away with only twice a year cleaning based on 1 x 100 SF cartridge, probably more cleaning ....since the cartridge works really well trapping up to 10 micron particles, depending on what brand of cartridge you are using though. DE I have no experience.

This is just an example, not a real apple to apple comparison though. I clean my filter at 7 psi increase.
If you get a 300 SF unit maybe you can have extended service, assuming your area is less polluted compared to mine.

happy shopping

i just said 2 times a year, because, but it may be more.

it sounds like DE is the best, so i could do 2 100 sq ft filters.

could i do 3 or even 4 filters and an Intelliflo, plus a intellichor, and a new booster and polaris?? then automate it?

about how much am i looking for intelliflow, twin D.E. , booster, polaris, intellichor, and automation???? ballpark.

THANKS A BUNCH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.