Need to know about piping

Sep 12, 2012
I have started a new job at a apartment complex and they have a pool that is know my to take care of. I the shop on the intake pipe at the dump there is a water hose hook up and I don't know what it is for can some one tell me.

jaymattox said:
I have started a new job at a apartment complex and they have a pool that is know my to take care of. I the shop on the intake pipe at the dump there is a water hose hook up and I don't know what it is for can some one tell me.

Jay - please read this. Also peruse the other topics in Pool School and see if they help you form your questions in a way that we can answer. Right now I'm having trouble following your question and I'd love to help but I'm totally unclear what you need.

What I read above is that you started a new job. You now are the proud maintainer of an appartment complex pool. After that the words are not making sense to me... "shop on the intake pipe"? "at the dump"?

BTW - Pictures may help.

duraleigh said:
Man, I just love these auto-type devices everyone is relying on. Can you imagine what these threads will look like when we "auto-respond"??

:cheers:

The linguistic archeologists of the future will look back on this day as the day the end was foretold...
:goodjob:

AH HA ... I think I managed to interpret the question. Are you asking about a water spigot that is above the pump on the pressure side?

If so, they generally do not have a lot of purpose and many setups to not have them. Can be used for water samples, or to drain some water, or to run a hose to the pool to play with.

LOL @ UWV

They are also useful for pressure testing the plumbing and one of the reasons they are installed in some systems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.