Causes for raising TA

dschlic1

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2007
Valrico, FL
The TA in my pool raises slowly over time. The pool is about four years old, and I do not add baking soda. About once a year I have to perform the TA reduction process. I would like to know possible causes of increasing TA.

Mine rises due to the fill water is higher in TA than what I keep it at. What level do you keep your TA at and what level is your fill water? You may as well post all the test results; FC, pH, TA, CH, CYA.

Remember that with evaporation and refill, whatever is in the fill water gets added to the pool. So even smaller amounts of TA or CH in fill water will increase those values in the pool. It's with drain/refill where only higher values in fill water increase values in the pool.

I will have to get back to you on the fill water measurements.

As for the pool, I try to keep pH at 7.6, FC at or greater than 5, TA was reduced to 50, CH is at 280 and CYA is at 70.

During the summer months, I do not fill the pool, rather usuallt have to drain some from the summer rains. Even during this period TA raises.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.