AGP: Leaf net worth it? Also, planning to start using pillow

Speedo

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2011
Since I will be closing within the next month I started looking at accessories. Plus I have to buy a winter cover since mice keep getting in to my shed and tearing up my covers.

So far I've only lost 1 solar cover and 1 winter cover, both had been used two seasons. This time I will try to find a Rubbermaid tub big enough to fold the covers in to.

My question is this - in the past I haven't used a pillow, everything seems to work fine with the exception of opening in the spring. Some leaves/debris always end up falling in to my clear water! If I'm using an air pillow I would assume this will be less of a problem since the water and debris will be collecting around the edges. If I'm easily able to clean it out from the sides would a leaf net even be worth $80..? Opinions/suggestions, thanks. :mrgreen:

Re: AGP: Leaf net worth it? Also, planning to start using pi

I stopped using a pillow and have had no issues, but I do lower my water level 6" below skimmer. I also have a leaf net that I put on top of the winter cover at closing. Late fall, before the water on top of the cover freezes, I pull the net to one side which helps me get all the leaves out (my property is surrounded by 80-100ft trees :mad: ) and it make's opening in spring much more pleasant...only twigs, and random leaves to clean off the winter cover. You would not want to leave the net on over the winter months as most will decompose and leave the muck on the cover anyhow.

Re: AGP: Leaf net worth it? Also, planning to start using pi

I'll probably give the leaf net and pillow a try. Sounds like the leaf net will make the biggest difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.