New to pool ownership...not a new pool. Please help

Aug 29, 2012
I have a 35000 gal pool. All has been good until we got a lot of rain. Now, after cleaning the filter (it's the removable type), adding all the chemicals, etc. it is a nice bright green. It doesn't look like I have a backwash on my system. What do I do????

:wave: Welcome :wave:

I first suggest you read through Pool School (button at upper right of page). Starting with: pool-school/read_before_you_post.

We need more information before we can give you useful suggestions and the advice will likely rely on you having one of the recommended test kits (see link in my signature).

Sounds like you have a cartridge filter with do not generally have backwash valves. You just have to pull it apart and clean it when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure. But, that is not going to do much good until you have killed off all the algae that sounds like is growing in the water. See:
Defeating Algae
Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis
Shocking Your Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.