What's your pump brand,,, continued

mr ken

Apr 29, 2008
I want to apologize to mas 985 and anyone else who may have been offended by my earlier post....I conveyed my reasoning for my post in a PM to chem Geek and Waterbear...I know and have acknowledged that help was offered, just not fully understood....

mas 985 I have spent 10's of hours on the pump subject (internet and phone) and there are conflicting reports on pipe sizing, total head curves etc...
Also, I am far from perfect as well....I guess when Waterbear critiqued my thread on what pumps people had to see if they were happy with the pumps, I got offended....I thought it was and still is a legitimate question....

So what do I do now....Some of what I said, I was wrong, but some I feel was correct....All I can do is say I'm sorry and ask for forgiveness....
I will no longer post, so no need to barr me from the forum, but if you wish to , it is OK....I wish all the best...

Ken

mr ken said:
I want to apologize to mas 985 and anyone else who may have been offended by my earlier post....I conveyed my reasoning for my post in a PM to chem Geek and Waterbear...I know and have acknowledged that help was offered, just not fully understood....

mas 985 I have spent 10's of hours on the pump subject (internet and phone) and there are conflicting reports on pipe sizing, total head curves etc...
Also, I am far from perfect as well....I guess when Waterbear critiqued my thread on what pumps people had to see if they were happy with the pumps, I got offended....I thought it was and still is a legitimate question....
The reason I said what I did to answer your question is that, while you have spent a lot of time reseaching the issue it is very probable that someone else reading the thread will not and will take was is posted as a recommendation as to which pump is going to be best for THEIR pool. We both know that this is not the case. I was looking out for any newbies that don't have the understanding of pool hydraulics that you obviously do. I think you can understand that. That is part of my job as a Moderator of this forum.

So what do I do now....Some of what I said, I was wrong, but some I feel was correct....All I can do is say I'm sorry and ask for forgiveness....
I will no longer post, so no need to barr me from the forum, but if you wish to , it is OK....I wish all the best...
You are more than welcome to post but it becomes confusing when you start 14 different threads (count 'em) on what is the same topic and would have been better served in one thread so we would have the whole history. This just doesn't apply to you, many newbies tend to do this. However, you have been on at least one other forum for quite a while now and I would hope you would understand this.
Ken
I hope this clears things up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.