Bubbles in the pump but not going out the returns

zappmann

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
Installing a 16x32 inground liner pool and trying to troubleshoot an issue with the pump. It's a Hayward Northstar 1 hp and there's little bubbles in the clear window that locks above the skimmer but no air bubbles in the return to the pool. The skimmer is working fine and the return flow is strong, should I be worried? Will this hurt something long term? I've checked all the connections and they seem pretty good, I've read on other forum posts that the union fittings on the Northstar can suck air into them but everything looks ok. Scratching my head now!

Thanks in advance for any guidance!!

- PC

:?:

I have very small bubbles in my pump as well (1 HP Northstar) They are about the size of SWG bubbles or smaller than a pea and don't seem to accumulate to the top of the lid. I think it is just left over from the priming process and the flow rate is not high enough to get rid of them. I would not worry about it unless they are accumulating in the lid which means you might have a leak somewhere.

Thanks mas985. Yeah, they don't seem to accumulate there, just see them swishing around. Wondering if it's the skimmer o-ring. Did you have to lubricate it with anything (I've heard vaseline sometimes works)?

Love Pleasanton, used to go out there all the time when I worked for PeopleSoft!

zappmann said:
Thanks mas985. Yeah, they don't seem to accumulate there, just see them swishing around. Wondering if it's the skimmer o-ring. Did you have to lubricate it with anything (I've heard vaseline sometimes works)?

Love Pleasanton, used to go out there all the time when I worked for PeopleSoft!

Definitely not Vaseline. Use pool lube.

JohnT said:
zappmann said:

Definitely not Vaseline. Use pool lube.

Thanks, very good to know!

Attachments

• Giguere_pool_equipment.jpg
    Giguere_pool_equipment.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.