Help iam going MAD!!!! Holes everywhere

wampa1

Jul 31, 2007
Fareham,England
I have AGP made by intex the one with the inflatable ring around it,1 year old.

I have got it out after the winter season and have found so far 15 little holes in the inflatable ring, it has taken 3 days so far and it is still going down.

I just dont understand were the holes have come from and how many I have...

it takes about 8 hours for the ring to go down completley

is there any easy soultion? apart from by another pool.

I live over the pond so not many pests around here.

Before we built our inground pool, we experimented with pool ownership using the Intex inflatable ring pools. The first year we had the pool up everything worked fine. We did experience multiple holes the second year, just like you, and were unsuccessful in patching them. We just gave up and bought another pool. My guess is that the rubber in the ring just can't take a winter. After two years of that we decided to go ahead with a permanent pool.

Good luck!

In the short term, if you haven't been doing so already, you can use soapy water to find the holes. Just spread it over the ring and patch as necessary.

In the long term, there isnt much you'll be able to do I don't think. There is a reason you can get those pools for so cheap. I think they are basically meant to be disposable in some ways.

Thanks for your help guys,

Right, thought I was going to crack this tonight. I have spent the last 3 hours going around the pool. filled the pool up to about 6 inches of water, pumped up the ring so it was half inflated then dipped the ring in the water in 12 inch sections. found another 3 holes and quite a big one around by the valve. So fingers crossed. just patched them all up will have to wait for the morning until i can pump it back up!!!

I WILL NOT BE BEATEN BY A POOL!!

LOL

ps: running out of patches

We had one of those when they first came out with the same problem. I had many patches in the top ring by the 3rd season - lol. It was almost more glue than ring. It was a good training ground for a larger pool and we enjoyed the heck out of it. I suspected it was bugs or the winter causing brittle vinyl while it was stored? There is always a possibility that there is a neighborhood cat walking the edge after hours taking a drink.

21 patches later and we are up and running!!! 4 days of OMG Stress.

Pool is up and staying up, at least for 8 hours without any sign of deflation. filled with water, pump on and guess what???

Rain for the next 5 days great!!!

for the last week 24 degrees C tomorrow 16 degrees!!!!

Not happy but least its up.

1 quick question Should I use last years filter (4 days use) or stick a brand new one in?

wampa1 said:
21 patches later and we are up and running!!! 4 days of OMG Stress.

Pool is up and staying up, at least for 8 hours without any sign of deflation. filled with water, pump on and guess what???

Rain for the next 5 days great!!!

for the last week 24 degrees C tomorrow 16 degrees!!!!

Not happy but least its up.

1 quick question Should I use last years filter (4 days use) or stick a brand new one in?

When you put it away was it completely dry. If it was not and it was folded up upon itself as the water dried over the winter you may have gotten some detrioration of the vinyl. We had ours for five years and never had a problem until late last season one of the seams in the bottom just gave out...Now we have a 24 foot influence by Aqualeader. Just had it installed...These intex pools are great training grounds for a bigger pool because if you can keep one clean for even half the summer you can keep anything clean!!!

ok 24 hours and still up, raining outside gust of winds 20mph rain until sunday....

But I dont care, Iam off to the FA Cup Final on saturday watch Football, Pompey Vs Cardiff (Soccer in the US) Same as Super Bowl in US

Iam A Portsmouth Supporter, would be nice to come back and have a pool party and Barbecue..

But we will have rain!!!!

Bah humbug!!

As long as we lift the cup i will be happy..( First time in 60 years since 1939)

Iam sure it will be on TV over your-side of the pond, Prob about 9AM in the morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.