Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I've replaced my pump bowl cover o'ring, cleaned and greased it several times...but still get a small bubble rolling to the top of the cover about every 10 seconds. My cover is old and a little cloudy, so I'm not sure where the bubble is coming from, but it may be from the suction line into the pump. I closed the skimmer and drain valves, and still get the bubble (with pump off). No water leaks with pump running. I'm stumped, what to try?

That seal looks good. If that was leaking I would see bubbles from the drain with the cover off. I'm going to cut me a piece of .25" polycarbonate as a temp cover so I can see what's happening. I really think is coming from the suction side pipe.

Goes down about .25" per hour, so maybe 6-8 hours. Stops below the bottom edge of the output pipe opening. I see the bubble come from the front side of the basket (above pipe output -I think), I can loosen lid and rotate it, and bubble will still come from front. There are no scratches on the bowl top surface. Could it be a pump seal? Maybe the bubble is working its way around from back to front? I would think I would see a water leak if that was the case since that's pressure side.

With the pump off, I hear a faint "pop", "pop" "pop" (about every 2 or 3 seconds), then one last "pop" and a small bubble appear. This goes on continuously. I loosen the lid, rotate it, tighten it... same results.

Wouldn't be anything underground would it? I would think I'd see mud.

duraleigh said:
It's almost never the pipe. How long does that leak take with the pump off before you lose prime?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.