Enersol solar added. Psi at head increased 5psi to 23psi

Jul 15, 2012
Hi all. I've added 19 10ft enersol panels to the roof second storey about 100 ft of pipe total run from filter to solar header. My inground pool uses a sand filter and with solar off and just gas heater effecting return the psi is 18. Once solar is on it hits 23-24psi. Guy at pool store says its no prob but enersol states it shouldn't run over 20psi. Flow from jets is fine and panels heat well. Should I add a pressure relief between the solar uptake and return or do you think it's ok? Also it appears the panels do not drain once the actuator switches them off. Is this a concern?

Thanks in advance

psi is fine....I'd leave it alone unless you can bypass your heater conveniently.

I don't have solar but I think your vacuum breaker will allow panels to drain....assuming you have one.

Bulldogmcs said:
I don't have a vacuum breaker. Is it really necessary for panels to drain each night?

It's best that the panels drain whenever sun can shine on them while there is no flow. The water in the panels can get very hot which can cause issues with some panels and plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.