CYA- Stabilizer/Conditioner

May 5, 2008
Louisville,KY
I am curious what products can be used to raise CYA levels. I have seen a lot of threads concerning this, but have yet to see any products by name. I live in the Louisville, KY area and my pool gets full sun all day. What CYA level should I be shooting for? Vinyl liner pool.

You can buy granulated CYA, or you can use trichlor or dichlor for chlorination until the CYA gets where you want it. I'd shoot for 40ppm and see how it goes.

You can go into any pool store and ask for CYA and they'll know what you're talking about. At Leslies they sell a Leslies brand that says Conditioner I believe. I'm guessing you don't have a SWG so you should have between 30-50.

It is usually called Stabilizer or Conditioner (One company calls it UV Shield). The chemical is cyanuric acid. ANY pool store will know what you are talking about. If you have been using a stabilized chloirine source (trichlor tabs or dichlor granules) then you very possibly have enough or even too much CYA in your water (NOT a good thing!). If you would post a set of test results we can help you much better.

Thanks for the tips to all. I am in the process of ordering the tf-100 kit as we speak. This site is such a great resource. I have been been depending on the pool guy at my local Leslies for info. I am now curious if he has been working on commission for the last 3 years judging on the products he has sold me. Thanks for all your help on all my threads i have posted in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.