Great customer service from PoolSupplyWorld

Jul 30, 2012
Sandpoint, ID
PoolSupplyWorld has a retail store in Rocklin, CA. I bought a good amount of 12.5% chlorine from them because they have great prices at $3 per gallon. This is my first pool season, so I am still learning. I couldn't figure out why the Pool Calculator wasn't working well for me and my FC wasn't raising as high as I expected when I added the 12.5%. So I bought some Clorox and added that. To my surprise, the 6% Clorox was raising my FC about the same as the 12.5% from PoolSupplyWorld. Hmmmm...... So I tested the Chlorine content... the Clorox tested at 6.5% and the 12.5% tested at 6%. WOW. The 12.5% is manufactured by Sierra.

I called PoolSupplyWorld and shared my results. They are in the process of changing suppliers, and apparently this is one of the reasons. I was told I would get a call back the next morning with an ETA for Chlorine from their new supplier. This was several days ago, and I am still waiting for that phone call. I was also a little disappointed that they didn't offer any kind of compensation, considering what they sold me was less than 1/2 the strength it was supposed to be.

So, I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else buys liquid chlorine from PoolSupplyWorld, beware the 12.5% from Sierra!

Re: Beware weak chlorine from PoolSupplyWorld

Hello Jimmy and welcome to TFP! I am very sorry to hear about your chlorine experience! I am going to look into this right away and make sure the issue gets resolved. Please feel free to respond here or send me a PM if you need anything.

Hey Jimmy, just wanted to follow-up with you and give you an update! We were not aware that Sierra chlorine was not up to par (in terms of strength), so we appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We are pulling all of the Sierra chlorine from our shelves, and will not be selling anymore of it. Starting today, we have replaced that chlorine with commercial strength HASA chlorine.

You should be getting a phone call from Dana today to get you some of the new stuff. And instead of having you drive to our store, we will gladly drop it off at your house. You can sort out the details with Dana for delivery.

Please let me know if there anything else we can do for you. Have a great day and happy swimming!

Thanks Blake, I appreciate it. I did get a call from Dana this morning and at this point I couldn't be happier with the service I am receiving. She informed me that the chlorine from the batch I had purchased has been pulled from their inventory, sent back to the supplier and that they'll have some from their new supplier today. I was offered a credit to offset the weak chlorine I already purchased and Dana even offered to have someone deliver a couple of gallons of the new stuff "on the house" for me to test. Now that's great customer service! :goodjob:

Glad to hear it is getting resolved! And like I said before, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything in the future! Have a wonderful day!

blakej said:
Hey Jimmy, just wanted to follow-up with you and give you an update! We were not aware that Sierra chlorine was not up to par (in terms of strength), so we appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We are pulling all of the Sierra chlorine from our shelves, and will not be selling anymore of it. Starting today, we have replaced that chlorine with commercial strength HASA chlorine.

You should be getting a phone call from Dana today to get you some of the new stuff. And instead of having you drive to our store, we will gladly drop it off at your house. You can sort out the details with Dana for delivery.

Please let me know if there anything else we can do for you. Have a great day and happy swimming!
bro

3930.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wanted to provide an update. Yesterday as promised they delivered some liquid chlorine to me at my door, free of charge, and to my surprise it was a 4G pack instead of a 2G pack. Bonus! I tested it last night, and it wasn't as strong as it was supposed to be. :( This morning I let them know, they contacted their supplier and had another 4G pack ready for me also free of charge. They offered to deliver again, but instead I went in to the retail store so Jesse and I could test it together... 14% is a good thing! :party:

So bottom line is they have some issues to work out with their supplier, but the service and support they provided to me as a customer was excellent. Everyone from PoolSupplyWorld has been great and I'll be a customer for a long time. :) In the past 48 hours I have talked with Blake, Dana, Chris and Jesse and I must say this is one great company that really cares about customer service and it's customers. Top Notch! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.