Draining and taking down pool

jenb

Jun 4, 2012
This is the first year for us having an Intex 42" x 15' above ground pool. I was wondering if I need to do anything special to it or if there are any tips for draining and taking down a pool. What should I do about cleaning it once it is drained? The water in the pool is still nice and clear.

Thanks,
jenb

is there any particular reason you are wanting to take down your pool?, i have a 18x52 intex ultra frame i am planning to leave up all winter i am just going to use the tips in pool school for closing a above ground pool, there are many threads on here from people who have great success leaving up the seasonal pools through the winter, like in Wisconsin their winters are alot worse than here in Ohio and where you reside in Kansas......just a thought.......Mike

but if you are dead set on taking it down you need to drain all the water and remove the pump and hoses and dry them and drain the pump and dry inside of it,and use vasoline on any rubber seals to keep them soft and place then in a plastic tote in the garage. Then when all the water is out of the pool you must thoroughly wipe it dry inside and out before storage so it don't mold over the winter and i would store the liner in a plastic tote or trash can inside the garage to keep mice from eating it and once again make sure it is thoroughly dry, A vinyl liner can shrink when drained if left for hours in the hot sun so work quickly when drying the liner or wait for a overcast day to perform this task.....good luck.......Mike

I'm here looking for similar info. I've already drained my pool tho - so from what I'm reading I either have to take it down now or partially refill it. Correct? Or are there other options?

I have 15'x48' Intex metal frame pool. We have to take it down because it's not very level and we are going to do better next year. I've been reading about storage options. For those that have used the trash can method, what size wheeled trash can will work for this size pool? Many of them seem to tape down and I'm wondering if they will work. We also found some plastic drums that are sealable for cheap and thought that might work. It sounds better than paying $150 for some Rubbermaid storage bin. I see a few larger trash cans at Lowe's that might work. Just wasn't sure how tight you could roll it back up. :) Do you put baking powder in it? I know when we rolled up our easy set the instructions encouraged sprinkling some powder? Thanks. It's time to come down. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.