Question about the re-bar

durango118

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 21, 2012
Hi
Our pool has been dug, plumbed, re-barred, and electrician work started. Waiting on the city to come in and do their inspection. I have a couple of things I'm unsure of. Hoping someone can help me here.

First off, the pool company came in yesterday and put sand down on all the new PVC. Seems to be two leaks, one in the main area of the floor cleaning unit (where all the pvc comes together, a bit away from the pool) and also the filter seems to be leaking. The filter leak seems to be from one of the fittings in the front. It's a Sta-rite S7M400. I called the pool company owner this morning and he said he was unaware of the situation and he will call the plumber immediately. It won't pass until these are fixed, correct? Seems we have no build supervisor or anyone that is coming by to check the work. I'm at work all day so it's hard to keep tabs on them.

Also, my plans are for a bench around the entire inside of the spa, however when I go over and take a look, the re-bar is only going a bit less than half way around. So, it looks like only 1/2 the spa will have a bench. I questioned my pool designer and he said "don't worry, the re-bar is deceiving, there will be a bench all the way around". I just can't see it happening unless there is re-bar there to support it. Am I missing something?

Any advice sincerely appreciated.
Thanks

He did not explain but only said that the bench will go around the entire spa. There's a spillway over into the pool and this is the side that there is no rebar on so I'm wondering if that may have something to do with it.
Thanks for the response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.