Reflecting on the past pool season brings a question

Jun 13, 2012
Russellville, AR
Well, I've taken down my Easy Set pool and I'm looking at the ground where it was. Still level, but definitely going to do it different next year with some extra padding and such.

Anyway, one of the biggest annoyances for me last year was whenever it rained (ok, I live in Arkansas - it only rained 3 times this summer), or when the kids splashed water out of the pool, it would collect around the bottom of the pool - because the ground was level. It made the bottom of the pool pretty nasty.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you address it?

Thanks!

I put a tarp under mine this year. When I took it down to level again after a wash out from a tropical storm the bottom was a lot cleaner than last year. I have not taken mine down yet for the year but will probably in 2 weeks or so, I am pretty sure it will be almost as clean as it was when I put it back up.

I put black plastic around the outside edge around 2/3 of the pool.(ran out of time and energy to finish) where there wasn't plastic, it was a mess. Building some sort of deck next year, then want to put landscape rocks over the plastic. It should eliminate the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.