Closing/Winterizing with BBB

Jul 2, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi everyone. . I normally just browse through everyones great pictures :mrgreen: This is my 1st year using BBB and our 1st year of having a NICE 24ft above ground pool. (18 ft soft pool last year) So I'm VERY new to this winterizing process.. .I know i have to drain water below the skimmer and empty my pump. BUT what i dont know is how to winterize using the BBB??? I didnt really find anything covering that aspect? I ordered our pool cover and its in now. . .And thanks Oklahoma weather its going to be dipping into the 70's :shock: Time to cover the pool :cry:

terra.denby86 said:
So does everyone still use the algaecide also? I think I'm more confused chemical wise than anything. . . My pools been crystal clear so far. . .I dont want to screw it up and have a mess to deal with next spring
I added 0 chemicals when I closed last year, pool was greenish because I ignored it late Sept-Oct. Shocked in the spring and all good. The year before I was much better at maintaining the final month, I shocked it right before removing the equipment (water temp under 60). The water was perfect when I opened it, still had a decent amount of chlorine. Quick shock and was good to go. I've never used algaecide since going BBB a few years ago. This is my plan this year after the water temp drops under 60.

-vac
-shock
-put the pillow in and cover on loosely...let the pump run a bit
-put my skimmer cover on and return plug in
-remove the equipment, clean it and put it in the basement
-cinch down the cover

Gee, that makes it sound like this can be done in 30 mins...not. LOL That big cover takes some time to get on there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.