Fine suspended particles - how to eliminate

During the day, the pool looks crystal clear. At night, in the light I can see fine particles in suspension. Any suggestions on how to eliminate them? I was thinking of Leslie's Ultra Bright clarifier, but I'm not sure if it is what I need. I have a cartridge filter and have recently replaced the cartridge which had no effect on the particles. Thanks!

Latest numbers are below:

FC: 6
CC: 0
pH: 7.6
TA: 80
CH: 300
CYA: 50
Borates: 50

Very difficult to do. Over the years it seems to me that simply increasing the pump/filter run time gives me more water clarity. A cartridge filter does a pretty good job so I would suggest just running it more.

Of course, having adequate chlorine in the water is the most important factor to having a clear pool.

I doubt a clarifier would have any significant affect.

I remember reading that cartridge filters like sand filters get more fine particles out when they are a bit dirty. There was a term used that I cannot recall for this type of filtering. The point of this is that you have to give it some time to build up some grime to be more effective. Too much grime reduces flow, but too little reduces filtration.

I had this problem with fine particles. It's much more apparent when you have the pool light on at night and it really bothered me so I started doing some research and asking the nice folks on this site. You need to somehow make your filters work better. In other words, to filter much smaller particles.
In my case, I have a sand filter. Sand filters only filter particles down to about 40 microns or more. Your cartridge filter does filter particles much finer than my sand filter but the same thing applies. You need to figure out a way to make it filter much smaller particles.
What I did was to add a cup or so of DE to my sand filter. DE will filter particles down to something like 5 microns. Let me say that the difference was amazing and it happened literally over one night.
I don't know if you can add just a little DE to a cartridge filter so I'll let the experts here chime in on that but if that is an option for you, I can recommend it highly.
Be prepared to clean you filters more often though. I had to backwash my sand filter many times until it got out all the fine particles.
Good luck to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.