New Propane Hearter

MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
Earlier this summer I was given a Raypak hearter that was about 10 years old, when it did run it worked fine but would quit alot. So we have decided that we are going to purchase a new heater. Being that we have a salt water pool is it necessary to buy one that is for a salt pool or will any heater work as long as water levels are good?

I would strongly recommend that you get a heater with a cupro-nickel heat exchanger. It doesn't add much cost, and substantially extends the life of the heat exchanger (the most expensive part of a heater).

Qwaxalot said:
I would strongly recommend that you get a heater with a cupro-nickel heat exchanger. It doesn't add much cost, and substantially extends the life of the heat exchanger (the most expensive part of a heater).
Is there any place better then the other for ordering a heater, we have ordered things from Doheny's in the past but was wondering if I should go through a place that sells just heaters.

It is not necessary to get the cupro nickel unit as long as you keep your chemicals in balance. You might want to consider a unit that has a two year warranty such as one of the Pentair models. I prefer Raypak/Rheem as they are the simplest units and usually have the least amount of issues with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.