Newbie needs help with pool drain please!

tcmdo

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hello all,

After a difficult week here in the tropic wetlands of philadelphia suburbs, my pool level is too high. I have also noticed my CH creeping up (420 today). I do not know how to drain water from the pool using existing system. Can anyone help? We have a newly installed (opened mem day this year), 36K gallon inground gunnite 46 x 27 free form pool, with hayward goldline prologic SWG/pump, two skimmers. I have a valve that can shut off skimmers, and be open only to pool main drain, as well as a clear cover on pump i can see water washing through when pump is running (I clean basket in it regularly). Help please! Thanks!

Todd

[attachment=0:1zo8kduy]photo 3.JPG[/attachment:1zo8kduy]
[attachment=2:1zo8kduy]photo 1.JPG[/attachment:1zo8kduy]
[attachment=1:1zo8kduy]photo 2.JPG[/attachment:1zo8kduy]

dmanb2b said:
What kind of filter do you have? If you can post a pic of the equipment pad, we should be able to help you out!

All equipment is hayward. Filter is quad cartridge. has a drain spout at bottom behind tank that u can c. should i just open that and let it out? I usually only use that drain spout when the equipment is off and i clean the cartridges. Thanks! On Close up of clear top pumps, the right one is for pool.

Todd

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 54
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 52
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 52
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.