Jun 27, 2012
Lafayette, Ca / USA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Finally picked up a Speedstir ...

- Do you use the clear cylinder that came with it, or does it work well with the existing cylinders that come with the TF-100 ?
- I hadn't realized that there is a small "pill shaped" magnet thingy that has to be inserted for each TEST -- how clean & dry must it be to use for subsequent testing so as to not introduce unwanted elements into the next test? Do you simply rinse in water & quick dry in paper towel? (e.g., going from CL to TA ...)
- When adding the testing reagant, do you just let the thing "stir" non-stop as you add the reagant? or do you remove the cylinder, add the reagant, put it back in the Speedstir well ?
- Is there a Youtube video anyone knows of that shows the proper method of use?

Am I over-thinking this? :roll:

Thanks

1). It works with either cylinder. I use the cylinder that came with it most of the time but I have used either and even have a 40 ml vial that I've used also.
2). I just rinse it off between tests with pool water. There's not enough water left on it to affect the test as long as you rinse it.
3). Let it spin! I leave it running throughout the entire test.
4). I'm ashamedto say but I've never looked for a video. Tftestkits has videos of the tests and they may have the SpeedStir in them.

5). Yes, a little bit! :mrgreen:

Bama Rambler said:
4). I'm ashamed to say but I've never looked for a video. Tftestkits has videos of the tests and they may have the SpeedStir in them.

I'm working on that........Let's hope my a :shock: :shock: get's into gear before next season. :(

I too just let it spin the entire time. To be 100% honest, with the lack of time I've been spending working on the pool, I often just dry the pill off on my shirt or something and just move on. I'm sure it's doing something odd to the results....but they all seem to be in line with the results I get when I do them by hand. I use both the tubes from the SpeedStir as well as from the TF-100 kit as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.