Auto pilot digital

May 12, 2008
I have an digital auto pilot. I opened my pool a week ago the unit worked great until today I went to check everything and found that the display is all jumbled up. I can't read anything the display is on the words are like this: tes%$ c#l%. Any idea what might have happened or what I can do to reset it? I already unhooked all the cables and rehooked them powered the unit off then back on. Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

The only obvious thing to try is to cycle power another time. If you are the adventurous type you could open the unit up and make sure the cable between the main unit and the display is properly fastened/fully seated at both ends. If that doesn't help then you have a circuit board failure and will need service.

In my short use of my Pool Pilot (6 wks or so), I've had both the "scrambled" display once, and a display were all of the LEDs were lite once. In my case, a power cycle corrected both. I considered it a "normal" occurrence, being as the unit is on unconditioned power. As long as the Pool Pilot functioned normally after the power cycle, I figured it was all good.

Being a computer person, I've always considered electronic devices on unconditioned power to be a questionable proposition. But if the electronic device has a good enough power conditioner, "most" "dirty" power gets conditioned.

So far, for me, the Digital Auto Pilot is a WONDERFUL device. :)

Mister Mister

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.