What is your pool pump brand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr ken

Apr 29, 2008
What is your pool pump brand and are you happy with it ?.....
Please give the size of the pump and the gallons of your pool.

This may help people who are thinking of getting replacement pumps , also to help people building a new pool...

There is no substitute for knowledge
Thanks

I don't know how useful this is going to be because a pump should be chosen (or replaced) based on the pump performance curve, amount of head, etc. and not on a brand or model. The majority of pumps on the market are well designed and work well when properly chosen. If you are replacing a pump and your present one has worked well then look for one that has similar specs and you should be fine.

WaterBear.

Why can't I just ask my question ?
I know about BHP and performance curves and feet of head, but I wanted an idea of what brand of pumps people had and if they were happy with them.
Why do you have to critique everything ? If you didn't want to answer the question the way it was presented, DON'T ANSWER IT.

I asked for help last week about 10 times about a pump replacement on this forum, with poor results...People don't answer the question, they just seem to say what they want and get annoyed if you ask a similar question because they didn't answer the first one....There are a few know it alls on this site....It is good to have the knowledge, but if you are going to help you also need patience and a willingness....mas 985 and a few others answer from a god-like perch and not very clearly for people seeking knowledge, and they rarely answer the questions presented to them..

I am very disappointed in this forum and will not participate any longer....
Does anyone else notice that it is the same people on all the different pool forums with little patience, yet the know it all and one uppance attitude....

I came here for help and clarity 2 weeks ago and got none...

Thanks for nothing people...

Ken,

You aren't getting any responses because many of the people here remember your behavior on other forums and are just avoiding you. Couple that with asking the same or very similar questions several times, starting a new thread for each one, and you just aren't going to get much of a response.

Plus you arennt really asking good questions. The type of info you requested will NOT help people make an informed choice in which pump to get and is potentially harmful because a popularity poll is NOT the way to choose a pump.

"god-like perch" ?

Mr Ken,

Forgive me but I think your comments are totally unfair. I have spent a lot of time and effort to try and help you but it never seems to be enough for you. I have bent over backwards to give you the information that you were looking for even though you never seemed quite satisfied in my answers and I am not sure why. I do not have an unlimited amount of time to give to this forum and do what I can but it does take a little bit of effort on the questioner to do their homework. There is a lot of information already on this forum and if you would take the time and effort to read some it, then you might answer your own questions.

One thing you have to realize that somethings are not black and white. There may not be one answer to "Which pump is best for my pool?". The idea of a forum is for people to not only relay facts but to also give their opinions so that the questioner can make up their own minds as to what is best for them. We cannot tell you what to do. The only thing we can do is help you understand what the trade offs are so that YOU can make the best decision.

Also, you may not have liked what Waterbear was telling you but it is true. Choosing a pump that is right for your pool has very little to do with what others (or pool builders) have chosen for their pools. The fact is that you may not be getting the answer you are looking for since most pools have pumps chosen by the pool builder and not the owner. This generally means that the pumps were oversized to begin with.

So what is your real object?

The purpose of this forum is to talk about swimming pools, not to talk about the merits or shortcomings of the various people who ask or answer questions. This discussion has gotten way off topic and is inappropriate.

I am locking the thread. JasonLion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.