Replastering

Sep 5, 2012
Newbie here and glad I found this site. I have a 14 x 28 gunite pool that was constructed in 1995. We moved in last year and the pool needs to be replastered as there are many issues with it. I am wondering what the steps I should take hiring a contractor and what things I should look for. Any thoughts on what estimates for replastering should run? I know there are too many variables just looking for ballparks. I live in Southern Utah and we mild winters. Also if anyone is in the same area recommendations on contractors. Thanks.

although I am in the n/e - (eastern PA) I have been looking into same thing, my gunnite pool was completed in 98. this spring I was getting estimates of $5000 to $7000 for new plaster with separate costs for coping and decking options. actually to replace the decking, coping and replaster is more than the whole pool cost. I have decided to wait until absolutely necessary so I am holding off. Went to BBB method this year and a lot of my stains have faded or come off (also used vitamin C on spot stains).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.