problems with pressure hose twisting up

shooterclay

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2008
i've got a pentair legend LL105G that is similar to the 4 wheeled polaris.. anyway, the white feeder/pressure hose that comes off the booster pump connection in the side wall of the pool to the cleaner keeps getting twisted up, almost braided actually, and is causing the cleaner to just go around in small circles in the deep end.

what i'm not sure of is whether the cleaner is moving around in small area that causes the hose to twist up or if the hose is twisting up causing the cleaner to move around in a small area. i havent sat there and watched it as the process takes place over a period of hours, like over nite.

i've check the swivels in the hose and they all seem to be moving freely as well as the wheels are moving freely and seem to have sufficient power. the cleaner seems to be cleaning good where it does go but it just wont go all around the pool.

any ideas other than just sitting there with a few cold ones and watching it do it's thing for hours to see if i can figure out what's goin on?

Might try taking it out of the pool for a couple of days and let the hose lay outstretched in the sun. I have to do that with mine every now and then to take the memory out of it so it doesn't coil around itself.

i havent tried laying it out in the sun,thanks. i'll try that the next day we have sunshine that is! we just had to get the liner replaced so the pool really hasnt been used this year..
it is cut to the proper lenght, and does fit the pool..its worked fine the last couple of years, this has just been an issue this year..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.