How much bleach??

fordsbyjay

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 1, 2009
Lafayette, LA
I am trying to figure out how much bleach to add to shock my pool. It has been a long time since I figured it out and can't remember how. Usually I just add a few jugs of bleach occasionally and never had any problems. I had too much salt in my pool and had to replace some water recently. Combined with the recent hurricanes and rain my pool got out of wack pretty good. It is currently has algae as well. The cya is only 40 at the moment and the FC is 0 but I would like to shock it while I work on the cya.

How do you figure out how much bleach to add to get to shock level? I am doing something wrong because I am coming up with 72 gallons. lol

Btw, I am out of town right now and trying to help the my wife get it balanced over the phone. She has been getting the water tested at the local pool place. :hammer:

Are you using the poolcalculator.com?

Put your pool size at the top, your current levels in the NOW column and what you want to achieve in the TARGET column.

Remember: [shock:eek:ai0vj6j][/shock:eek:ai0vj6j]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.