Caretaker99

Sep 4, 2012
Problem...Heads not popping up. Pressure at 38psi. Cleaned screen,o-rings..Backwashed filter,cleaned all filters,baskets.Problem caused filter dome to fly off,1/3 pool water lost(appx 3,ooogal). What do I do now?

Welcome to TFP!
Sounds like something is completely blocked. Are there any valves that could be closed? In the caretaker valve, is the mechanism inside in good working order? If not, it could leave all the return pipes closed. I don't mean to overwhelm you, just pulling possible reasons off the top of my head. Give those a thought and post back!

I've taken everything apart and put it back togeather. Everything looks ok,all valves in correct position. Now I'm not getting ANY pressure in pump. seems like the water is emptying instead of filling. Is my next move to call a serviceperson?

First problem was 5 port valve mechanisms inside dome on caretaker failed they are five pistons that open and close according to water pressure.when they don't open pressure builds. Rebuild kit will fix that.as far as why pump doesn't pull water anymore I'd contact service tech.either pulling air in system or resistance so high flow is minimal from 5 port. You can open 5 port pull out all insides mechanisms and gears sitting on pin on top center valve, and water will flow freely threw all 5 ports instead on ne at a time or in your case none. this will give you chance to troubleshoot pump.

Yes, that's a good idea! Take the guts out of the valve, and that will tell you whether that is the reason for the high pressure. As fortthe pump, are you certain the pump basket lid is seated tightly and the o-ring in good shape?

Sounds like the water valve for the infloor system has died. It can fail closed so no water will go through.

Taking the guts out is quite a chore, and putting them back not very simple either.
If you are in the Phoenix metro area try Troy's Aqua blue. All they do is infloor fixes and carry parts for all of them, along with all the knowledge.
I am not in any way connected with this company, just good at what they do.

I have the Caretaker 99 pop ups in my pool. There are about 5 in the spa area. Three of them never pop up anymore. Today I replaced one of them hoping it would all it needs but it didn't pop up. Why would three of them not work? I am fairly new at taking care of my pool so please help me in lay terms.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.