Closing a baquacil pool plan to convert to chlorine.

I myself would just cover it and forget it. You're gonna fight green water no matter what next year, so why spend the cash on chemicals at the end of this year.

Yes that is the purpose of the remover, to eliminate the traces of baquacil. You just want to put it in a couple of days prior to closing. This will make opening easier. You will want to do this before putting chlorine in it.

I think this is the first time I have seen a "remover" mentioned. Chlorine will do the same thing by breaking down whatever Baq is still in the water. Not sure how the cost of the remover vs. more chlorine pans out.

I do not think there is any point in putting any chemicals in the pool before closing if you are converting in the spring. You are going to have a mess to deal with either way ... save the money for bleach in the spring.

EDIT: Although ... as this post suggests (closing-a-baq-pool-t52246.html) ... maybe it would be better to add some chems to avoid fighting algae and baq in the spring. Maybe I will crawl back in my hole since I have no idea what I am talking about :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.