SE TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My old PB4 booster bit the dust and rather than rebuild I opted for a new one. The old one was wired up as 220, three wires coming in to the motor, a purple, a blue and a ground. The purple went to line 1, the blue to line 6 and the ground to ground. When I turned the pump on I am getting flow, but no pressure, not enough to move the cleaner anyway, and the motor is smoking hot.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong here? With the old pump I used to get an additional 8 psi at the filter, now I am getting at most 1. Could this be the motor only getting half voltage? It was a bear to hook up just due to the confines of the area it is in and would like some ideas on where to start. I disconnected both ends of the wiring for the install. There are spade connectors on the motor so I am assuming they are good, unless I broke one of the spades off when putting the cover back on (they were sticking up quite a bit, I just used the screws that held the cover on to push them down), it is also possible one of the connections in the wire nuts is not good, but again, before digging into the wiring I wanted to see if it could be something else like an airlock etc.

TIA.

There should be a wiring diagram on the side of the motor. I'd check it first to make sure you have it connected correctly. Also there should be a switch or voltage selector plug in the motor. Check it to be sure it's set for the correct voltage.

Thanks for the reply. I did check the wiring, I am getting 230 volts to the motor, and the wiring diagram shows it set up for 230. I also checked the rotation, it is correct

My old PB4 booster bit the dust and rather than rebuild I opted for a new one. The old one was wired up as 220, three wires coming in to the motor, a purple, a blue and a ground. The purple went to line 1, the blue to line 6 and the ground to ground. When I turned the pump on I am getting flow, but no pressure, not enough to move the cleaner anyway, and the motor is smoking hot.

Where do the names line 1 and line 6 come from? Do you have pics?

Any suggestions on what might be wrong here? With the old pump I used to get an additional 8 psi at the filter, now I am getting at most 1.

With my PB4 I get LESS pressure at the filter when running the booster - it is no more that a couple of pounds but noticeable. My intake for the booster hooks up after the filter and dumps the water back to the pool via a dedicated Return.

It sounds like your booster is plumbed in before the filter - which seems odd to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.