Intelliflow and Jandy RS compatibility

Sep 3, 2012
Hi,

I just installed a iAqualink on my Jandy RS8 Rev R new controller and wanted to hook up my Pentair Intelliflow VS pump to the Jandy RS. I found on here instruction to connect the Intelliflo control cable on to my communication terminals using the yellow and green wire to terminals 2 and 3 on my com line connector. It works well and I can control speeds with my iAqualink web browser now. Now my problem............... since the pump is now being controled by the RS system, the screen on the pump is shutdown. I normally run the pump about 1200 rpm but when my pool clearner shows up he always runs it to the high speed to vaccum the pool. The problem is you cant control the pump anymore and he cant get in my house when I am not here to contol it with the remote controler mounted in the home.

I tried putting the system into service mode (reading that here) but the pump still shows locked out even in the service mode.

Any one have any ideas?? I cant be the only one who has this issue when the pool guy shows up and no one is home..............

Thank you!

I suggest you program one of your outputs(relays) as a pool cleaning mode which drives the pump up to the speed necessary to operater the cleaner. You don't need any physical wiring to the relay since the pump is controlled through the RS485 cable.

To activate relay mount a spalink 4 way switch in a convienient location and program one of these switches to operate the pool cleaner mode. Another way to go is to give the guy your password and have him control the system through the iaqualink.

Try putting the Jandy in timeout mode.
After a short while 30-45 seconds the manual screen will come back on the pump.
Then your service guy can select a speed, and in 3 hours the controller will resume control.
At least this is how it works with the pentair controllers.
Let me know.

I just tried the timeout on my system and I don't know what it did but it didn't enable the pump screen.

Another way to go is to power off the pump, disconnect the RS 485 cable from the pump drive and then power on again. This enables the pump control screen and allows full manual control. The process is a bit of a pain but a lot cheaper than a new spalink.

mcoccia said:
I suggest you program one of your outputs(relays) as a pool cleaning mode which drives the pump up to the speed necessary to operater the cleaner. You don't need any physical wiring to the relay since the pump is controlled through the RS485 cable.

To activate relay mount a spalink 4 way switch in a convienient location and program one of these switches to operate the pool cleaner mode. Another way to go is to give the guy your password and have him control the system through the iaqualink.
my pool doesnt have a pool cleaner mode that I know of. I have seperate pumps for the underground and filter. The VS pump is the main filter pump and I dont know how to set it up so the pool guy can speed it up when Im not around. I could give him my password to iaqualink but I doubt hes walking around with his ipad or laptop but I can ask.

Just-a-PB said:
Try putting the Jandy in timeout mode.
After a short while 30-45 seconds the manual screen will come back on the pump.
Then your service guy can select a speed, and in 3 hours the controller will resume control.
At least this is how it works with the pentair controllers.
Let me know.

I tried this but to tell you the truth, I didnt wait for 30 or so minuites to see if the pump screen came back. I have to leave town but when Im back I'll try waiting it out. Seems like a simple thing until it dawned on me that my pool guy would have no control of the pump. I alway have it run about 1200 rpm and that doesnt seem like enough to vaccum the pool bottom. He always spins it up to full speed at the pump controler and he cant do that when its connected to the RS.

THanks for the ideas!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.