Started this weekend !!!

Mar 31, 2008
Decatur, Illinois
A newbie hello from Gary in central Illinois.
I have been battling softswim for several years and sick of it, pink slime and $$$ :evil: I have been reading the forum over the winter and have decided to go BBB. :-D I first purchased the TF-100 test kit and started the conversion Friday morning. I have used 29 bottles of 6% bleach to maintain TC of 15. As of Sunday morning the pool looks great after several color changes. :lol: This evening the water is very clear so changed the DE powder and done a complete test of all level's. How's the numbers ?? I must still have some remaining gooooo because the CC level is 1.5? Keep shocking as I see it.

#'s taken before shocking to TC of 15 again this evening.

FC= 7.5
CC= 1.5
TC= 9.0
PH= 7.2
TA= 50
CYA= 0

Water temp of 55 deg.

Thanks for all the info. this place is great !!

Some more photos to view.

Attachments

• More bleach in Friday afternoon.bmp
    230.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Bleach in Friday morning.bmp
    230.7 KB · Views: 116
Thanks for posting the pictures. They might give somebody else the courage to hang in there when the pool looks like a science experiment gone bad. Your numbers are what you might expect. The CC reading indicates there is something in the water, likely Soft Swim, that the chlorine is fighting. Maintain your shock level until you get the CC to 0.5 or below. You are getting close.

Hey, Gary,

Yeah, keep the chlorine in there. the last bit of clearing up often takes a frustratingly long time but if you just dabble the bleach in, it'll take forever.

You need to keep your FC at 15ppm until:

1. Your water is clear

2. You have less than 1.0CC's

3. You are able to hold your FC level overnite.....(not drop more than 1ppm or less)

You're close....keep the bleach up, keep the filter clean, brush a little, run the pump 24/7

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.