Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Started this weekend !!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Started this weekend !!!

A newbie hello from Gary in central Illinois.
    I have been battling softswim for several years and sick of it, pink slime and $$$ I have been reading the forum over the winter and have decided to go BBB. I first purchased the TF-100 test kit and started the conversion Friday morning. I have used 29 bottles of 6% bleach to maintain TC of 15. As of Sunday morning the pool looks great after several color changes. This evening the water is very clear so changed the DE powder and done a complete test of all level's. How's the numbers ?? I must still have some remaining gooooo because the CC level is 1.5? Keep shocking as I see it.

#'s taken before shocking to TC of 15 again this evening.

FC= 7.5
    CC= 1.5
    TC= 9.0
    PH= 7.2
    TA= 50
    CYA= 0

Water temp of 55 deg.

Thanks for all the info. this place is great !!

Some more photos to view.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24' round agp., 4' sides, vinyl liner, de filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Thanks for posting the pictures. They might give somebody else the courage to hang in there when the pool looks like a science experiment gone bad. Your numbers are what you might expect. The CC reading indicates there is something in the water, likely Soft Swim, that the chlorine is fighting. Maintain your shock level until you get the CC to 0.5 or below. You are getting close.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Hey, Gary,

Yeah, keep the chlorine in there. the last bit of clearing up often takes a frustratingly long time but if you just dabble the bleach in, it'll take forever.

You need to keep your FC at 15ppm until:

1. Your water is clear

2. You have less than 1.0CC's

3. You are able to hold your FC level overnite.....(not drop more than 1ppm or less)

You're close....keep the bleach up, keep the filter clean, brush a little, run the pump 24/7
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Has the FC level held steady overnight yet?

Usually that happens before the last of the CC goes away and is an indicator that you are getting very near the end.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    Last night the FC dropped 2 ppm from 15 to 13. Yipee I must be getting close. I'll watch it closely today keeping the FC to 15 and do some more brushing. Pump is running 24/7 with new powder change yesterday. The water looks great !!
    24' round agp., 4' sides, vinyl liner, de filter