Replacing the flex hoses on my pump system.

Sep 3, 2012
I want to replace the flex hoses that came with my pool with PCV piping. I would also like to add another shut off valve and a couple of purge valves at the lowest points in the lines. About the pool and pump. It's an above ground pool with a Waterway Clearwater 2 cartridge pool filter system. I need to know where I can buy fittings with the correct thread size and what size pipe I should use.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP.

All the screwed fittings should be 1½" NPT. If the equipment is fairly close to the pool 1½" will be fine to use. Just buy all 1½" pipe and fittings. I'd get full port valves if I could.

I have everything replaced now. The origional reason for replacing the hoses was that the couplers the pool company installed were cracking and leaking. Now I have another leak. The gray plastic bulkhead exhaust port fitting is leaking where I screwed in my PVC adaptor. The leak is right at the mold seam. So now I have to drain some water, cut and remove the pvc pipe then replace the fitting. My pool is going to be green soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.