anyone using liquid chlorine check their salt levels recentl

shakenbake

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2010
Austin, TX
Would you expect 2200ppm salt level after 1.5 years of liquid chlorine with the pool maintained 12 months/year in hot texas?

I was a bit taken aback this evening when I checked it for the first time.

Should I be thinking about changing out the water?

Re: anyone using liquid chlorine check their salt levels rec

I'm sure that it's possible. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are have water evaporating on surfaces and leaving behind white salt residue which I would doubt is occurring at that level.

Re: anyone using liquid chlorine check their salt levels rec

That level of salt is getting to the level that SWG use. The issue is that in texas SWG and natural stone dont go well together. This means that salt level could be toxic to natural stone coping.

I think Im using about 2-3 ppm per day in the summer time. So for say 4 months out of the year. The other 8 months I dont know, but say 1.5ppm. So lets say 2ppm for the entire year. That is 730ppm per year added, which adds (10:8 ratio) 584 ppm of salt.

After 1.5 years I would not expect you to have so much salt. It seems like you should probably be able to go 3-4 years without getting to SWG levels of salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.