Should you power wash a cartridge filter?

Apr 29, 2008
I have a StaRite PLM 150 cartridge filter. I read the sticky that talked about using a brass nozzle, but I has a small gas power washer (2200 psi) and want to know if I can use the power washer on it with out destroying or damaging the filter since they are very expensive to replace. Thanks.

Actually, I have cleaned my cartridges following waterbear's sticky on how to do so and honestly, if you follow those directions, the little brass nozzle is really all that you need. The filters come clean fairly simply with a minimal amount of pressure.

Craig

A power washer, even with the low pressure nozzle on it, can still damage the polyester fabric of the cart. It is not recommended by any of the major OEM and Replacement cartridge manufacturers.

I use the brass nozzle method as well and I can attest that it is a winner. More than enough pressure and strength for cleaning. You should not need a power washer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.