Water slightly cloudy still

May 31, 2012
Melbourne, FL
Well unfortunately my pool was left for a while without being maintained and got just slightly green. So 2 days ago I shocked it and the green is gone / cc is at 0 according to this tester

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-K-1515-A-F ... ds=fas+dpd

I've got my other levels correct. Ph / ta / cya are in range. I've been cleaning out the filter twice over the last couple days and it has been getting stuff out but there's still a slight cloudy look to the pool. You can see the bottom but its not that crystal clear that's expected. Our filter is one of the intex cartridge filters so I was wondering if it just takes a while to clean the water up or if I do need to shock it again.

if its still cloudy after shocking that means I didn't shock it enough?
More correctly, it is likely you didn't shock it long enough.

The three things that determine the end of the shock process are...
1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

Obviously #1 hasn't been met so keep it at shock value a little longer until your pool clears. Did you pass the other two criteria?

I had met 2. fine there wasn't even 0.2ppm registering and 3 I thought I had though I might have tested it wrong. This test takes a lot of drops when shocking :S I've started shocking it again and I'll keep it going till I'm sure it meets all the criteria.

Just as a follow up, it may be that your pump and filter have to do the majority of the clearing process from this point on so clean the filter often and run the pump 24/7....vacuum as needed.

Destoration said:
I had met 2. fine there wasn't even 0.2ppm registering and 3 I thought I had though I might have tested it wrong. This test takes a lot of drops when shocking :S I've started shocking it again and I'll keep it going till I'm sure it meets all the criteria.

You can use only 10ml of pool water instead of 25 and each drop counts as .5 instead of .2. This uses much less reagent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.