Slide decision

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I need to make a quick decision about my slide. My PB uses a BYOS2 slide by Interfab. Problem is that for the 26 ft length, the height required is about 8 ft. Not including flume ht of 15". The hill it will be built into will be behind a 4 ft cave. To pile dirt up to 8 ft will not look good.

I found another slide by Dolphin. Backyard series. Where a 26 ft slide only needs 5.3 ft. Plus flume height of 23". The dolphin requires 120 gpm as opposed to 80 for BYOS2. Not s problem since I sized plumbing and pump to handle over 120 if necessary.
These are both fiberglass slides that get bolted together in sections.

The Dolphin seems like a better slide and uses less height. But the flume is deeper. 23" as opposed to 15 for BYOS2.

Does anyone know about either of these? It will just be 26ft with a 90 deg turn into the water. I assume the lower slope of the dolphin would be offset by the additional water flow and it would be just as fast?

Any advice or even first hand knowledge of these would be greatly appreciated!

I have an Interfab Whitewater slide, 13-1/2 yrs old. I like deep slides as small children cannot lean over the edge & fall out. The BYOS 2 is deeper than mine so no problem there. We have had to patch ours twice. Patch #1 is at the top of the slide where the ride starts. Kids/adults get to the top, hold on to the rails and bounce their bottom on the slide. Looks like you will build steps so Patch #2 will not be an issue. First step cracked & the back of the first 2 steps had turned very yellow. We were thinking heat off the pavement could have contributed to that crack as most kids hop over the first step. I believe we used fiberglass bathtub patch. Smelled really bad.

We have lost a very small amount of pressure over the years to the slide (15'max from pump). We had the standard Hayward pump originally & it was replaced 5 years ago with a Pentair Intelliflo.

That slide looks like a blast!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.