How to clean spa cover

Aug 9, 2012
I bought my spa and cover used. I live in the desert and there is a lot of dust and the spa cover gets really gritty especially after it rains.

How do I clean it? Because it's used I have no idea what it's made of. It looks feels like fake leather. I assume it's some sort of vinyl.

Two questions:
- How do I clean it? What should I use? Not use?
- How do I protect it?

Thanks!!!

My pool and spa store sell Spa Cover Cleaner and another product called Spa Protectant. On the outside you could probably use ArmorAll or something like that.
On the inside cover we just use the spa cover cleaner about once a year.

I like to use a good cleaner like 409 or something with Ammonia in it first, then wipe down with a protectant. Armor All is OK but there are much better ones made specifically for vinyl. Do that every few weeks and it'll last quite a bit longer.

This is what you want to use. It's regarded as the best for protection from UV damage. Used heavily in the marine and boating industry. Do Not substitute with Armor All or the like as the formula is not the same. Automotive vinyl/interior differs from that used on HT covers and such.

303® Aerospace Protectant

pACE3-1190188enh-z7.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.